Potchefstroom Central School is an English Medium Primary School
with ideals based on the Christian belief. We adhere to
the traditions of the school, which have been upheld for many
years, but in keeping with the spirit of change and advancement we
acknowledge, and respect other religions and cultures. The
motto of our school is "I Serve", which incorporates the
service of the school to the community, the Educators to the
service of the holistic development of the learners, and the
service of the learners, to show their respect for the school which
will equip them with a sense of balance, a deep respect for others
and a will to strive towards excellence.
We take great pride in our school and instil this into our
learners. Educators have a high degree of professionalism and
loyalty and pass this on to the learners by example.
Our school endeavours to provide the very best for every
child. We aim to provide a rich variety of learning
experiences and to cultivate all those virtues and skills that lead
towards rewarding, happy and successful lives. To this end,
parents are expected to pay the school fees as determined at the
A.G.M. When applying for admission for a child, parents must
consider the financial implications and make a commitment.
To move towards developing excellence in education by providing
a model for life-long learning.
We are committed to:
- recognising and developing the unique potential of each
- maintaining a balance between spiritual, academic, cultural and
sporting activities in order to encourage the all-round development
of our learners;
- maintain and upgrade facilities to enhance development by means
of sound financial management;
- nurturing a challenging environment, conducive to critical
thinking and decision-making;
- creating a safe, warm, secure, disciplined environment
conducive to learning through the expertise of qualified,
professional and motivated staff;
- to maintain respect for diversity by celebrating
differences between people and regarding those differences as
opportunities for learning.
- develop a community of leaders where everyone has a chance to
exercise leadership in certain ways at some time;
- equipping learners to participate effectively in a common
future with all South Africans by promoting respect, accepting
responsibility, fostering integrity, initiative and
OUR SCHOOL OFFERS
- An excellent academic education;
- A dynamic staff - dedicated to their tasks;
- Excellent facilities including an 'up-to-date'
Information Technology Centre which caters for all our
- A variety of extra-curricular activities such as
athletics, cricket, swimming, hockey, mini-hockey, netball,
tennis, ball-skills, debating club and, of course, a very
- There are a number of privately run services also
available, such as lessons in Portuguese, Occupational /
Speech Therapy, Edukwanda (Kids' Development Programme) Speech
& Drama and coaching in various sports.